17 Aug 2007

Evening ride

Bayf and I managed an evening ride this week. It had chucked it down all day, and Bayf took some persuading... And I'm on the Trek today, as I've already taking the Enduro to Scotland in anticipation of a 7-Stanes week.

Anyway he turned up at 5:30, forgetting his shoes, so had to ride sans-SPD.

We rode from home across the Bugle Horn bridleway to Little Kimble, then straight up onto Pulpit Hill (definitely felt that), and down the otherside to the back of 'Chequers'. Across the Ridgeway and then home via Butlers Cross and the bridleway.

It was very dark, even down to not been able to see the roots in the trees, and they were well slippery.

Only item of note was my chain getting stuck between my outer and middle cogs on the chainset, and finding out the reason was that 3 out of the 4 bolts had fallen off! I guess this what comes of paying the Trek no attention (as Duncan's been riding it), with that and the creaky BB and stiff forks I think I need to give it a full stripdown and service. Hey Duncan when you buying a bike?

Once showered and changed it was into town for a couple of beers (when did The Grapes shut?), a curry and St James's, for a drink ;-)

No comments: